If you are here to apply, please make an application and register an account, we will activate the account when your application is accepted.
If you are here to apply, please make an application and register an account, we will activate the account when your application is accepted.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

NEW FORUM OVER AT http://wolfpack-clan.com/forum/index.php

Wolfpack's Games

Go down 
+6
Rawnrawn
YourStepDad
Greed
Stuboi
Willow
Laisha
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Laisha
Officer
Officer
Laisha

Wolfpack's Games Empty
PostSubject: Wolfpack's Games   Wolfpack's Games Icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 2:51 pm

New month, new question. All that fun stuff.

I've been thinking recently about games I've played that really stuck with me. Not in terms of gameplay, but in terms of the story that drives them. For me personally, great games usually have a great story or great characters. So I was wondering, what is your favorite game because the story (or perhaps a particular character's development) stuck out to you?

For me, it's a toss up between Fire Emblem 7 and Mass Effect 2. Both had solid stories and solid characters to back them up.

So, what of you?
Back to top Go down
Willow
Tech Support
Tech Support
Willow

Wolfpack's Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolfpack's Games   Wolfpack's Games Icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 2:54 pm

"Sanitarium" and "I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream"
Back to top Go down
Stuboi
Officer
Officer
Stuboi

Wolfpack's Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolfpack's Games   Wolfpack's Games Icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 4:35 pm

I remember the good days of Dawn of War, a strategy game. I played the original and I had gone on to play both the expansion packs; Winter Assault and Dark Crusade.

Winter Assault was a massive leap from the original however, after having a rather unsure opinion on Dark Crusade, I didn't continue to play the Dawn of War series. Having taken ages for Dawn of War 2 to come out and lack of updates, those were also reasons why I hadn't continued to play it.

Then I looked into Dawn of War 2 after it had a few expansion packs, and it just seemed... a little rushed, there didn't look anything that was a vast improvement to the earlier versions.

I am also really into the Total war series, especially more earlier games such as ROME and the expansions, along Medieval II, but just like the Dawn of War series, I had tried Empire: Total war when it had come out and I found it rather, simplistic. It lacked the spark in the style of combat it was meant to show, Medieval II really expressed the game play of charging 1 unit into another, there was a huge variety of troops which could outclass each other. In Empire, cavalry didn't seem to rise to the challenge of charging from flanks and causing enemies to flee. There was not much variation between the different types of fire arm units which was disappointing.

What I did like about Empire were sea battles. I thought, even though it was the first time the Total War series included naval battles, it lived up to expectations, but it was a shame that my laptop couldn't handle the awesome graphics, which really is fairly important for a game like this.
Back to top Go down
https://wolfpackforum.rpg-board.net
Greed
Commander
Commander
Greed

Wolfpack's Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolfpack's Games   Wolfpack's Games Icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 5:59 pm

I`d go with Final Fantasy on this,either 7,9 or 10. Although 10 was abit...well gay I actually enjoyed the story and the characters quite alot.
Back to top Go down
YourStepDad
Recruit
Recruit
YourStepDad

Wolfpack's Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolfpack's Games   Wolfpack's Games Icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 9:38 pm

Hm, not really sure.

This might sound a little weird, but one of them is definitely - GTA San Adreas.

Back in the day it was a smash hit, friends and I would talk about it of course, it's story, therefore mentioning the characters a lot. Can't remember the story as much as I can remember the characters. That was 6 years ago, when I got my PC, I was barely 12 back then. Amazing times. Smile

Also, first Diablo

One of my first games that I beat countless times. Whoever played it should remember Griswold the blacksmith, the frightened drunk, and of course, Cain the Elder with his famous quote, "stay a while and listen" Smile

Armies of Exigo - a game that never got the attention it should have gotten. a game that is literally dead right now. dead servers, no community to speak of. One of my favorite games and one of the first games I got my PC.

Characters such as Alric do Rei, Dunehelm Bellengere and Keran Keressetin - truly unforgettable, eh, if only you guys knew what was I talking about. Laughing

It's basically warcraft with starcraft gameplay. Made by fans of both games as a "tribute" to both warcraft and starcraft, obviously. Except it's far more epic. The voice acting and musical score are just legendary.

Speaking of Warcraft - It could go on this list as well. Thrall, Cairn Bloodhoof, Arthas, Anub'Arak, Illidan and a story with so many twists and unforgettable moments. Too bad they don't make such games anymore. Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down
Rawnrawn
Officer
Officer
Rawnrawn

Wolfpack's Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolfpack's Games   Wolfpack's Games Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 7:08 am

"Oni", "Beyond Good and Evil" and "Drakan"

I suppose noone of you know about these games (maybe BGE) but they are awesome, their soundtrack, the main heroine, (they all have a main heroine in common) the other characters, the art and the world they take place is amazing even now IMO. I could go on about their stories with a huge wall of text but I'll leave that up to google if any of you scum sucking sods are willing to sacrifice some time to research further.

Gameplay wise:
In Oni you fight with fists and guns, but the guns are balanced in such a way that you cant rely every fight on em, the melee ai is better than in most modern games.

In BGE you fight with a stick, throwing disks and your allies will help you, it's not really a fighting game, more like a problem solving game but with good fast paced fighting elements.

In Drakan you fight with all kinds of melee weapons with different ranges, speed and super abilities, there are also bows and magical crystals. One of the cool things about this game is that you can dismember your opponents when they are still alive and watch them bleed to death, I have yet to find any other game that actually has that, oh and you also have a dragon you can fly and fight other dragons in aerial battles.

EDIT: The creature on my avatar is a ninja of the highest rank in the game Oni.
Back to top Go down
john
Warband Member
Warband Member

Wolfpack's Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolfpack's Games   Wolfpack's Games Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 7:38 am

The last 3 Total wars, brilliant games, Many mods to add replay value so they are a good buy.
Back to top Go down
https://wolfpackforum.rpg-board.net/
Laisha
Officer
Officer
Laisha

Wolfpack's Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolfpack's Games   Wolfpack's Games Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 8:11 am

Um...yeah. Stubs, John, do these actually pertain to the plots and characters in the game (as the question specifically mentions) or just the gameplay value? Not that I haven't played RTS games with good storylines and characters (Starcraft comes to mind), but...your posts don't really mention those important parts of the question, so I can't tell. ^^;
Back to top Go down
Trivium
Tech Support
Tech Support
Trivium

Wolfpack's Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolfpack's Games   Wolfpack's Games Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 8:21 am

I'll have to go with fable 1, i've played it too many fucking times, i even replayed it a few months ago, it was still epic.

I can basically dream the story... Razz

Even though I love fable 1 to death,I cant really say I liked the characters. Maybe because I ended up trying to kill them all at one point or another.
Back to top Go down
john
Warband Member
Warband Member

Wolfpack's Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolfpack's Games   Wolfpack's Games Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 8:40 am

Laisha wrote:
Um...yeah. Stubs, John, do these actually pertain to the plots and characters in the game (as the question specifically mentions) or just the gameplay value? Not that I haven't played RTS games with good storylines and characters (Starcraft comes to mind), but...your posts don't really mention those important parts of the question, so I can't tell. ^^;

Ah, then Mass affect 2 is my choice XD
Back to top Go down
https://wolfpackforum.rpg-board.net/
Nomsterify
Warband Member
Warband Member

Wolfpack's Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolfpack's Games   Wolfpack's Games Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 9:49 am

Mass effect as a series, played both of the titles to death (Infiltrator class and Garrus ftw), every Bethesda game I've ever played always had amazing storylines as well (The Elder Scrolls, Fallout, I dare not even name specific titles, they're all amazing). Beyond that, most games I play are more sandboxy therefore less story driven, but I do love a good story, one of the most important things in an RPG game in my opinion.

Last edited by Nomsterify on Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Killfacer
Officer
Officer
Killfacer

Wolfpack's Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolfpack's Games   Wolfpack's Games Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 10:03 am

Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time: Helps that i grew up with it but the story telling in this game is masterful.

Halo (the first one): Was a really great shooter and whilst not original I did like the Master Chief and Cortana.

Dragon Age Origins: Nuff said.

That and the Bethesda games mentioned above.

Also Red Alert 2 because it was funny as fuck.

Dragon age,if anyone says anything else im prepared to execute them. Even though Dragon age 2 failed horribly,horribly,HORRIBLY! I did actually like some of the characters there. Anyone that didnt go for Isabella must be a fucking retard xD

Back to top Go down
YourStepDad
Recruit
Recruit
YourStepDad

Wolfpack's Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolfpack's Games   Wolfpack's Games Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 8:41 pm

Rawnrawn wrote:
"Oni", "Beyond Good and Evil" and "Drakan"

I suppose noone of you know about these games (maybe BGE) but they are awesome, their soundtrack, the main heroine, (they all have a main heroine in common) the other characters, the art and the world they take place is amazing even now IMO. I could go on about their stories with a huge wall of text but I'll leave that up to google if any of you scum sucking sods are willing to sacrifice some time to research further.

Gameplay wise:
In Oni you fight with fists and guns, but the guns are balanced in such a way that you cant rely every fight on em, the melee ai is better than in most modern games.

In BGE you fight with a stick, throwing disks and your allies will help you, it's not really a fighting game, more like a problem solving game but with good fast paced fighting elements.

In Drakan you fight with all kinds of melee weapons with different ranges, speed and super abilities, there are also bows and magical crystals. One of the cool things about this game is that you can dismember your opponents when they are still alive and watch them bleed to death, I have yet to find any other game that actually has that, oh and you also have a dragon you can fly and fight other dragons in aerial battles.

EDIT: The creature on my avatar is a ninja of the highest rank in the game Oni.

Played Oni at my friends house soooo many years ago. I still remember the awesome combat. Never owned it so it never grown on me.

I've heard of Beyond Good and Evil, but never played it.

@Killfacer

Holy shit RA2, actually THE first game I bought for my computer. First game I bought actually, in 2002 or something, as a birthday gift for my cousin. I can remember going to the store and browsing the games, then finally picking RA2. Smile I played a shit load of it at my cousin's house, then when I got my PC I borrowed it from him.

Hell, troops were so memorable. Tanya, Crazy Ivan, Tesla Soldier, attack Dogs, G.I., the badass Desolators, etc. I might actually install it again sometime soon.

Also, Dungeon Keeper 2 - a game that was so ahead of it's time. One of my favorite games of all time. Unique, addictive and atmospheric as fuck. Smile

EDIT: Also, Oblivion - It was my first introduction to TES series, got it around the time when it came out, 2005 I think. I saw it's character creation somewhere and it seemed great. I thought it was going to be a dungeon crawler, which was very appealing to me back then. So I installed it. Loved every second of it, but then I left the sewers and HOLY SHIT AN OPEN WORLD GAME. I knew nothing about it at the time. First thing I noticed were the Ayleid ruins, they looked very inviting, but then I turned around and saw the huge ass imperial city, followed by children's joy and indecisiveness of where to go first. I will never forget that moment. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Wolfpack's Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wolfpack's Games   Wolfpack's Games Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wolfpack's Games
Page 1 of 1